Friday, October 22, 2010

Meet My Best Friend, Vinegar!

Yes, you read it right. It's my "miracle product." It is safe, natural, and can be used for a variety of things. Vinegar can be used for cooking, cleaning, gardening, pets and home remedies. Recent studies show it even helps control diabetes. I don't know how I ever survived without it!

During the course of my quest to make our lives chemical-free, I came across several articles on vinegar. So many people swore up-and-down about its effectiveness that I was aching to try it. I have to say that it was one of the smartest choices I have ever made!

Now I know what some of you are thinking. Vinegar reaks! Yes, it does. I, just think how safe and effective it is. You can try adding a few drops of your favorite essential oil to help with the smell.

Vinegar is non-toxic, environmentally friendly, economical, and has multiple uses! It will replace most of the cleaners under your sink and cost you very little. I use it so much that I have broken the handle on my spray bottle again!

Below are some uses for vinegar.

And remember...every little bit helps!

wdv=white distilled vinegar

COOKING-Keep boiling eggs from cracking-add tbsp or 2 of wdv to water before it boils.

GARDEN-Kill weeds/grass-pour full-strength wdv on them.
Rust on spigots,tools,screws,bolts-soak overnight or several days in undiluted wdv.

CLEANING-Clean counters w/cloth soaked in undiluted wdv.
Kill germs around bathroom-spray full-strength wdv. Wipe clean w/damp cloth.
Window cleaner-combine equal parts vinegar & water. Clean as usual.
Clean/disinfect baby toys-add good-sized splash of wdv to soapy water.

LAUNDRY-Sweat, odor, deodorant & stains on clothing-spray full-strength wdv on underarm & collar before washing.

HEALTH/BEAUTY-Stop insect stings/bites from itching-dab w/cotton ball soaked w/ undiluted wdv.
Make nail polish last longer. Wipe fingernails w/cotton balls dipped in wdv before putting on nail polish.

AUTOS-Polish car chrome w/full-strength wdv on soft cloth.
Remove odor after a rider has been carsick-leave bowl of wdv overnight on floor.

PETS-Dog scratching ears-wipe insides w/cloth dipped in diluted vinegar.
Cats eating plants-spray leaves w/a solution of wdv & water.

No comments:

Post a Comment