Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Five Ways to Teach Your Kids to be Green

Since my daughter was old enough to understand, I have been teaching her about respecting the environment. I try to have little "green" moments with her. Nothing puts a bigger smile on my face than positively inspiring others, and my daughter feels great about herself too!

1. Teach children to turn off the faucet when washing hands and brushing teeth.

2. Remind them to turn off lights, TV, and other electronics when not using them.

3. Have your child help you recycle or compost.

4. Show your child that second-hand items can be just as good as the new ones. Buy used, or donate unwanted items of your own.

5. Before leaving the park with your child, pick up a few pieces of litter. It is amazing how this good deed seems to rub off on other parents and their kids!

And remember...every little bits helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment